Despite the fact that the organisational size and the revenue/profit of a startup is typically still small, it is argued that Knowledge Management is even urgently needed for rapid development of the startup.
Due to scarcity of resources on a start-up, it is really important to leverage on knowledge and human capital through knowledge management in start-up especially to achieve scalability goals and sustainable growth in the long term. The reason are :
- Deliver The founder’s know-how goal and strategy on business to the team. Build the knowledge management enhance the transfer of what the founder knows about the business value and how it can be delivered to the team so the bottom level team objective will align with the top-level management team objective. 
- Employee driven innovation – collaborative . With knowledge management, employees encourage to explore their knowledge and sharing to another team. The organization can be more flexible and fast in its task to achieve the company goals without any problem in the decision-making process.
- Reducing the gap of the human and financial barriers (due to scarcity of resources) through Information and communication technologies related to the efficiency of daily business activity. Build the collaborative system so the team will create new opportunities and established the company with the low cost strategy. 
Knowledge Management Tools
Five tools which is suitable for start-up knowledge management :
- DSS : Decision Support System . Reduce complexity of authorization on decision making. The business acivity will more be efficient because the team perform their task without taking too long time.
- Customer relationship management system . Focused on sharing and update the information about and to customer that will enchance customer journey related to the value from the company. It will help to manage the economic/ financial knowledge to achive profit growth.
- Project Knowledge Management System.  Employee Collaboration for the startup company is a must. The agility of startup organization structure will improve and support the sustainability growth.
- Project Learning Based system . The startup should build the Project Learning Based System to capture, digitalization, validation, share, and reuse the knowledge on the company.
- Curation and Knowledge sharing habit. It is a positive value if startup build the knowledge sharing habit start from informal way like daily problem sharing in the opening working time to formally sharing like brainstorming and discussion on regular basis. The knowledge on the company could be captured and documented for company business activity.
-  Centobelli, Cerchione and Esposito 2017. “Knowledge Management in Startups: Systematic Literature Review and Future Research Agenda”. https://res.mdpi.com/d_attachment/sustainability/sustainability-0900361/article_deploy/sustainability-09-00361-v2.pdf
-  Five Best Practices for Knowledge Sharing in Startups . Videhi Bhamidi. https://learningsolutionsmag.com/articles/five-best-practices-for-knowledge-sharing-instartups